Wednesday 26 June 2013

Samples and Mood Boards

For the past couple of weeks, I've been gathering samples of materials and finishes in an attempt to put together a mood board:


1 Mokum "Soot"
2 Mokum "Gunmetal"
Bluestone Hexagonal Mosaic
White Ceramic Wall Tile

The tile supplier has even managed to get me a sample of the mosaics we are having custom-made for the bathroom floors, and I must say I am really pleased with them. The last remaining item to select now is the fabric for the banquette seat that is going into our Sitting Room so I have been surfing the net trying to get some inspiration for the cushion fabric:



I need something easy to clean and hard-wearing - something that can take the abuse of four small children, so I figure a dark coloured fabric is the way to go. I have narrowed down the choice between two fabrics from Mokum's Ficus range - "Soot" while dark is not a true black and the other is "Gunmetal" which reads as charcoal when viewed from a distance.

It wasn't my intention at the beginning, but the house is starting to take on a very "Scandi" feel.

1 comment:

  1. Love this colour palette! Re fabric choice, I prefer the gunmetal to the soot. It will be very forgiving in terms of wear, but won't attract fluff like the darker colour inevitably will. I like the texture too.

    ReplyDelete